TVPaint Animation 10 released with official Linux support
For people who are not exactly happy with free animation tools for Linux like Synfig, Tupi and Pencil the newly released TVPaint Animation 10 could be a solution.
TVPaint Animation is a commercial application for creating 2D feature film animation. The 10th version that nearly coincided with a minor update of Synfig took 3 years to develop and is packed with major improvements.
These are just some of them:
- grouping of sound tracks, layers and storyboard clips;
- automatic creation of instances on the timeline;
- much faster moving and copying on the timeline via drag'n'drop;
- passepartout in the camera tool;
- new brushes and tools, brush history, line smoothing.
You can read more about that in the detailed release notes. The application is available in a range of editions, starting with €250 for educational license on standard edition. There is a trial version available for 32bit and 64bit Linux. The application also works on Windows, and builds for Mac are coming soon.