SVG Cleaner 0.6: even faster and more accurate
The new version of SVG Cleaner by Evgeniy Reizner is ca. 3 times faster at removing excessive markup from SVG illustrations, and it's ca. 10% more accurate at that.
Most changes are in the core. Here's what's new:
- identical elements are replace with a 'use' element;
- unused symbols can be removed;
- elements out of viewbox can be removed;
- transformation can be applied to shapes, paths, gradients, and Gaussian blur;
- 'id' attribute can be shortened;
- duplicated filter elements (only feGaussianBlur) and clipPath element in defs can be removed;
- Sketch-specific elements can be removed;
- there are new ways to replace path segments with shorter equivalents.
Accuracy of some existing features has been improved:
- removal of duplicated gradients in 'defs';
- the grouping of elments with similar attributes.
- the conversion of transformation matrices to their shorter equivalents;
- the ungrouping of container elements;
- units conversion;
- the merging of similar gradients;
- the rounding of numbers;
- the removal of invisible elements, unused attributes, unused symbols in paths.
It's now possible to use a preset when you run SVG Cleaner from console, and since this release the app only depends on QtCore (QtXml was replaced with TinyXML2).
You can also add multiple files and folders via the toolbar (drag'n'drop works as well). SVG Cleaner will read and analyze folders recursively and only use the subfolders that contain SVG files.