Sony Imageworks releases source code of 5 in-house projects
On July 30 Sony ImageWorks have released five of their in-house tools as open source software.
CTO Rob Bredow writes:
Open Source: It's always been a part of what makes Imageworks tick. However, up until now we haven't had a chance to contribute back to the open source community. We're beginning to change that now.
We've chosen 5 projects to release as open source. This software can be freely used by large and small studios around the world. We've intentionally chosen popular non-restrictive licensing models to help ensure you have lots of options.
The five projects Sony has released are:
- OSL – Open Shading Language
- Scala Migrations – Database Library Manager
- Field3D – Voxel Data storage library
- pystring – Python String Handling in C++
- Maya Reticle – Flexible camera guides for Maya
This software is licensed under a BSD license.