Sintel is out
Blender Foundation has just released "Sintel" — a short fantasy animation movie that had been in works for about a year.
The objectives of this project, as defined by the Durian team, were:
- stimulate development of advanced features
- validation of Blender by great artists
- use and improve an open source creation pipeline
- deliver good publicity and PR for Blender
- create useful presentation and educational material in Open Content
- provide a fun and inspiring experience for the entire Blender community
The animation was directed by Colin Levy, with David Revoy as art director, Esther Wouda as screenplay writer and Jan Morgenstern as composer.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60