Shotwell 0.9.0 photo collections manager released with many improvements
Yorba released Shotwell, their photo management tool for Linux, with quite a number of useful changes that improve user experience.
A rather important new feature is the new search bar where you can filter photos by media type, rating, and text matching. Regarding the latter option, text is searched for among titles, filename, tag and event names.
Another potentially big feature is the newly added plugin framework for creating new uploaders to web albums. As a matter of fact, new slideshow transitions can be implemented as extensions too.
Shotwell also inherited a feature from Rapid Photo Downloader: the configurable naming scheme for folders during importing.
Pther notable changes are:
- TIFF support was finally implemented;
- you can now print multiple photos, including multiple photos on one page;
- multiple photo titles can now be edited simultaneously;
- rendering of underexposed RAW photos was improved;
- all sorts of smaller improvements and the usual bunch of bug fixes.
The new version of Shotwell is available for downloading here. As usual, updates are already available in Yorba's PPA for Ubuntu.