Ocean Sim for Blender progresses at speed of light, accepts donations
A month ago Matt Ebb started working on portiing Ocean Procedural Texture known as Ocean Sim from Blender 2.4 and Blender 2.5 and started a small fundraising campaign whose modest goal of $350 was reached almost immediately. The project the moved on to improving functionality.
The goal of the campaign was also raised to $1500, reached again and then once again raised to $3000. All the money floating into are spent on all sorts of improvements. Every time financial goal is reached, Matt will revisit roadmap and add new features to be further implemented.
Here is an early demo:
And here is a video on improvements:
Note how more realistic the effect looks now that you can colour wave peaks and let the foam colour spread and dissipate.
You can help the project from right here:
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60