New character modeling and animation course explains BMesh
A new course by Pablo Vazquez on character modeling and animation with Blender is available for pre-order at Blender's e-shop.
This is the second course from Pablo and it introduces a new character, Koro, who is a guanaco. As the artist neatly put that, the goal of the new course is: “Next time you want to create a character, you know exactly what it takes to make it!”.
The DVD will guide you through the whole process: creating concept art, modeling, sculpting, adding fur, texturing, setting up materials, rigging.
The part of the video that covers modeling explains using Bmesh — the new Blender's mesh system that features n-side polygons and some new and extended tools. Which is why the DVD will be shipping with the latest and greatest version of Blender.
The DVD, currently priced at €24.75, will be delivered in 1080p Full HD with English and Spanish soundtracks and include all the resources required to follow the course.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60