Mark Probst went ahead and released a new stable version of MathMap — an excellent GIMP plug-in that allows perfoming all sorts of interesting effects and gluing them in repeatable compositions.
- an officially supported Windows port which uses LLVM for code generation
- much better error reporting.
- more and better solid noise functions
- new filters:
- Blur: Sharp Blur
- Colors: Threshold
- Compositing: all with Opacity
- Distorts: Defish
- Render: Billow Noise, Perlin Noise, Ridged Multi Noise, Voronoi Cells
- improved filters:
- Colors/Colorify: honor the input image's alpha channel
- Compositing/Dissolve: not a "pixel" filter anymore
- Utilities/Ident: changed so that it works with a coordinate transformation fix
- performance improvements