Mango project starts DVD pre-sale, posts concept art teaser
Blender Foundation opened pre-sale of DVDs with its 4th open movie, codenamed Mango Project. With this project BF makes a departure from animation movies to live action.
The team led by Ian Hubert (Project London) is going to create a short sci-fi movie set in future Amsterdam. As usual, they will be supported by developers who will perfect various bits of Blender, mostly camera/motion tracking and Cycles rendering engine.
The DVD will include all studio materials required to rebuild the movie and will contain a lot of extra stuff like raw footage, documentary, tutorials etc.
The team also got David Revoy to do some concept art for the project, while Mike Williamson, the art director, is busy finalizing work for his current client.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60