LyX 1.6.8 and 2.0beta1
Changes in this version:
- support for pBibTeX (formerly known as jBibTeX), a specific Japanese BibTeX variant, was added;
- new layout and template files for submissions to journals published by the American Geophysical Union (AGU) and the Econometric Society were added;
- new layout and template files for the document classes frletter and lettre that are used to write letters in French were added;
- support for subtitles in the KOMA classes was added;
- support for lists and quotes in the g-brief2 letter class was added;
- support for the math command \\ddddot was added.
In the mean time first beta of a whole new stable version was released for testing. Here are just a few of new features:
- advanced searching with format consideration;
- inline spell-checking;
- multilingual thesaurus;
- XeTeX as optional back-end;
- XHTML exporting with support for equations.