LuxRender to use OpenCL
Thanks to considerably advanced features of OpenCL this will make it possible to parallelize rendering between CPU cores, GPUs and available network computers. The GPU-side rendering, of course, is currently only possiible for ATi and Nvidia hardware. We'll see if Intel is going to join the circus.
Was it useful? There's more:
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Mitsuba 0.3.0 released with new sun/sky model and other improvements
- CGRU v1.5 released with more sophisticated support for Houdini
- GEGL is getting GPU-based image rendering and processing
- LuxRender 0.8 released with new features and GPU rendering