Liquid rescale library updated
A new version of liblqr, a seam-carving C/C++ library, is out with major improvements.
- Support for image types (color models): GREY, GREYA, RGB, RGBA, CMY, CMYK, CMYKA and custom
- Additional builtin energy functions based on luma instead of brightness
- Support for custom energy functions
- Functions to read out the energy map
- Cancel function to interrupt computations
- Additional methods for bias and rigidity masks
- Use a single progress instead of several ones when the update is performed in steps
- Can handle input buffers non-destructively
Performace related changes:
- Faster rescaling thanks to optimisations in the code
- Spare memory when not using features (e.g. the bias)
- The default installation directory is now /usr instead of /usr/local
- Compiling under MinGW now correctly produces a DLL with the default settings
- Now it also compiles correctly under MS Visual C++ on Windows
- All public macro names start with LQR_* (old versions are still available but can be disabled at configure time)
This release is a result of Carlo's work with digiKam project. A new version of the GIMP plug-in is in the works too. But even currently released version will benefit from this new version of the library perfomance-wise.
Source code is available for downloading.