LensFun 0.2.5 brings update to database of lenses and cameras
New version of LensFun is out. It's a popular library that fixes lens distorsions and is used from apps such as darktable and UFRaw.
Newly supported cameras in this version:
- Canon EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS Digital Rebel XTi, EOS Digital Rebel XS, EOS Digital Rebel XSi, EOS REBEL T1i, EOS D2000C, EOS-1D Mark IV, PowerShot G9, G11, Pro70, SX1 IS, S90, D2000C, DIGITAL IXUS 80 IS;
- Casio EX-FH20;
- Hasselblad 500 mech., H3D;
- Kodak DCS520C, DC120 ZOOM Digital Camera, Kodak Digital Science DC50 Zoom Camera;
- Leica Digilux 3 и 4;
- NIKON D3S, COOLPIX P6000;
- Olympus EP-1, E-30, SP350, SP500UZ, SP560UZ;
- Panasonic D-LUX 3LX3, DMC-FX150, DMC-GH1, DMC-G1, DMC-L1, DMC-L10, DMC-LX2, DMC-FZ18, DMC-FZ35, DMC-FZ50, DMC-FZ8;
- Pentax K2000, K200D, K-x;
- Samsung GX-1S;
- SIGMA DP1S, DP2, DP1X, DP2S и SD15;
Newly supported lenses in this version:
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM;
- Canon 28mm f/1.8 USM;
- Canon 135mm f/2.0L USM;
- Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM;
- Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX;
- Pentax 12-24 f/4.0 DA;
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM;
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 с байонетом на Nikon F AF
- Support for cross-platform compilation using cross-mingw32 (build instructions in README).
- Some bugs were fixed in the library, related to memory allocation. Now lensfun should be valgrind-clean.
- Fixed a nasty bug in lfDatabase::FindLenses() that would always use fuzzy search (even if you would ask for a 100% match). Your applications may chease to "find" lenses if they relied on this bug. Just add the LF_SEARCH_LOOSE flag as the last parameter to return the old behaviour.
- Fixed another bug in search logic that sometimes would mark unappropiate results with very high scores (esp. when little search keywords are given). Now search should work much better.
- New TCA correction algorithm: LF_TCA_MODEL_POLY3 ("poly3" in database). This is almost the algorithm used by Hugin except the highest-order power (r^4). This should allow users to use tca_correct to compute TCA parameters.
- Fixed the LF_TCA_MODEL_LINEAR - it used 1/k where it was expected to use k. This is the 'v' parameter of Hugin TCA model, and previously users had to invert v to get k; now they can just use v.
- New lens calibration tutorial, using Hugin.
- Some SSE & SSE2 support from Klaus Post with runtime CPU features detection.
You can download source code.