Inkscape’s Measure tool gets an update
Back in June we reported that Felipe Sanches started working on a Measure tool for Inkscape. Few days ago Felipe committed an update to that tool.
Up till now the Measure tool only displayed distances between all objects (or, rather, edges) that its line intersected. The update adds summing up all the measured segments and displaying the calculated value. We cooked up a short video that demonstrates what the tool can do.
Here's just a plain boring list of features:
- finds objects in unlocked layers and measures distance between them;
- counts pixels by default, other units are available (90dpi is hardcoded);
- counts angle for the current measurement line;
- displays overall length from first object's outer border to last object's outer border;
- snaps to various features (nodes, bouding boxes etc.)
- font size for the tooltip is configurable.
There a still some things that have to be done, but the tool already looks mostly complete and will be part of Inkscape 0.49 whenever it's out.