GtkRawGallery, a free Raw converter, has proven to not be abandoned and just got released after a year of a well hidden work :)
As you could guess, lot of changes inside:
- color management was implemented;
- gettext-based user interface localization support was added;
- more Raw file formats are supported now (.bay, .bmq, .cs1, .dc2, .fff, .k25, .mos, .rdc, .sr2, and .rw2);
- sending photos via email and burning them to CD/DVD (via cdrtools) is now possible;
- mass renaming via patterns was implemented;
- printing support was added;
- Exif, IPTC and XMP metadata can be written now;
- tags user interface was revamped;
- new advanced metadata editor and custom metadata templates were added;
- new editing tools: curves, white balance adjustment, WB presets editor;
- new About dialog.
GtkRawGallery works on Linux (maybe there is a way to get it to work on Mac) and requires Tkinter, ImageMagick and PIL. You can download it here.