Ghostscript 8.71 gets a better TIFF support
New version of Ghostscript was silently released again with improved TIFF support and better rasterization of fonts.
- uses libtiff for TIFF output now;
- does halftoned TIFF separations at 1 bit-per-pixel;
- much improved support for FreeType as a type rasterizer, still needs work though;
- the graphics library was updated for more accurate scan conversion of vector art;
- handling of transparent objects was improved;
- pxl output was improved;
- various bug and robustness fixes were made.