Font Manager 0.4.3
New version of a simplistic font management application for GNOME called Font Manager is out.
Changes in this release:
- if you have customized ~/.fonts.conf, move it elsewhere and apply your changes to ~/.FontManager/config/render.conf so that they are not overwritten each time the app starts;
- you can now export PDF sample sheet when you export collections (python-reportlab package is required); works only for TrueType and Type 1, most OpenType fonts don't work; exporting over 2500 fonts is not recommended yet;
- autoscanning for new and removed fonts is added, but is reported to be not thoroughly tested and be slow with network shares and remote filesystems; the only way to stop autoscanning right now is to kill the app;
- restarts itself when fonts are added or removed through itself;
- user interface now can be localized.
Download it here.