CGRU gets Maya 2010 and Maya 2011 support
Timur Hairulin et al. released new version of free distributed rendering solution for render-farms called CGRU, which contains a rendering manager (supports Blender, Nuke, Houdini and Maya) and a bunch of scripts.
- Afanasy supports IPv6 now;
- a Nuke render script was added to render images locally in a temporary folder and copy completely rendered image to reduce network traffic;
- changes in Nuke render network: 'afanasy' nodes can be connected to describe 'Write' nodes dependency;
- Mavishky — a new dialog and command line tool for Linux to make video files from image sequences;
- RPM build scripts were added and tested on openSUSE, Fedora, CentOS.
- Afanasy GUI application for Windows does not open terminal anymore;
- support for Maya 2010 and 2011 was implemented;
- the 'fbx2clip' tool was removed.
You can download CGRU here.
Was it useful? There's more:
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Mitsuba 0.3.0 released with new sun/sky model and other improvements
- CGRU v1.5 released with more sophisticated support for Houdini
- LuxRender 0.8 released with new features and GPU rendering
- New "Secret Spaces" competition from LuxRender