BlendME project has been announced
Paulo Gomes announced a new project called BlendME which is a Blender add-on that integrates various open source and commercial tools for architecture modelling and analysis like EnergyPlus, Radiance, OpenFOAM.
This kind of integrated solution allows doing things like lighting and Sun-path analysis, thermal energy modelling and so on. The code is currently unavailable, because the developer is waiting for API changes in Blender 2.5 to settle down.
The project's website contains several video demos, here is one of them that explains use of Sun-path analysis.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60