Blender 2.60 released, exciting times are ahead
With this new version Blender Foundation starts activiely adding more features to Blender. The newly released v2.60 got some very important changes.
Highlights of this version:
- 3D audio and speaker objects;
- proxy editing has been restored for the video sequencer;
- animation system got a lot of polish;
- vertex group modifiers were added;
- recast & detour support has been merged to provide pathfinding in the game engine;
- user interface can be localized again, there's over a dozen of translations available.
I don't want to hear more about #b3d release cycles, I want to hear about a Cycles release. mike_pan@twitter
Exactly. The new rendering engine is going to be part of 2.61 along with motion/camera tracking tools. The next release is currently planned for December 2011.
The new node based particles system and Jeroen's compositing project are on radar as they are partially sponsored by Blender Foundation.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60