Blender 2.56 is out
New beta version of Blender, a popular 3D modeling and animation package, has just been released with many bugfixes.
This is mostly a bugfix release: thanks to tirelesswork of the team over 440 bugs have been fixed since the previous beta version (2.55).
Some changes were made to Python API as well, so make sure you run “Help > FCurve/Driver 2.54 fix” menu item for your pre-2.54 files.
You can download the new version here.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60