Blender 2.54 released
An even newer intermediate version of Blender, the popular free 3D modeling and animation package, is out.
In this version:
- very nearly 200 bugfixes, even though corrupted OBJ exporter slipped through;
- RNA Properties API has changed, read here for details;
- lots of names have been changed on the RNA level, there is a helper script to fix paths available from the Help menu;
- Audaspace/Game Engine API project, developed during Google Summer of Code 2010, was merged.
The fixed OBJ script can be fetched from here to replace the existing file in /scripts/ops/io_scene_obj/.
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60