Blender 2.5 Lighting and Rendering
It's quite amazing to see books on actually new software released in a timely manner. There is another new book on free graphics software from Packt Publishing, "Blender 2.5 Lighting and Rendering" by Aaron W. Powell.
The new book covers the current version of Blender.
As you can easily guess, the book focuses on setting realistic lighting for both indoor and outdoor scenes. The book starts with basics like color theory and light sources in Blender and then moves on to more complicated topics. Here is the shorter version of contents (the full one is here):
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Color Theory and Lighting Basics in Blender
- Chapter 2: Outdoor Lighting: Setting Up Our Scene
- Chapter 3: Ambient Lighting Techniques in Blender
- Chapter 4: Outdoor Scene: Adding Materials
- Chapter 5: Indoor Lighting: Setting Up
- Chapter 6: UV Mapping and Texturing
- Chapter 7: Indoor Lighting: Finishing Materials
- Chapter 8: Combining Indoor and Outdoor Lighting Techniques
- Chapter 9: Hybrid Lighting: Materials and Textures
You can download a sample chapter as well.