Blender 2.5 Alpha 0 released
First alpha release of Blender 2.5 is out.
We don't usually cover alpha releases in news, but since Blender developers decided to releases 2.5 gradually, here we go.
Te bew version make quite a lot of existing documentation obsolete because of massive changes in user interface. So if you hear the old joke about learning curve of Blender being a wall and after the wall — a mountain, treat it like a joke. You finally can :)
The new version also features a much improved and boosted internal rendering, besides a new interface to external renderers is in works. Also new particles system was added along with new animation system, where every single properties is supposed to be animatable.
You can read about all this in details at blender.org. And yeah — the day of big releases may be open now! :)
Was it useful? There's more:
- Interview with Thomas Krijnen on IfcOpenShell, Blender and architecture
- Interview with Sintel's art director David Revoy
- 3Delight exporter for Blender updated to feature new global illumination method
- Customized MyPaint gains animation for a new open movie project
- Recast & Detour project getting ready for Blender 2.60